La “nueva normalidad” está aflorando en muchas personas algunos efectos psicológicos derivados del confinamiento vivido a causa de la pandemia por Covid-19. En términos psicológicos se habla de miedo al contagio aunque, en muchas ocasiones, lo que se tiene es miedo a un nuevo confinamiento y sus posibles consecuencias en el plano económico, social, emocional,…
If you are a European resident, thanks to the Directive of the rights of patients in the Cross-Border Healthcare of the European Union, you can receive planned medical treatment in another country of the Union.
In this post we want to give you information about the «EU Cross Border Healthcare Directive» so that you know your rights as a European resident to receive healthcare in another Community country; in this case in Spain and, specifically, in Hospital Clínica Benidorm.
You will find more extensive information on the official website of the European Union on the Cross-Border Healthcare Directive: https://ec.europa.eu/health/cross_border_care/overview_en, where it is explained with numerous resources regarding how the Directive works and all its possibilities: Information points in each European country and the necessary requirements to be able to claim this right.
In summary, to receive healthcare in Hospital Clínica Benidorm through the Cross-Border Directive you should meet the following conditions:
- Be a resident of a European Union country.
- Require healthcare that is publicly available in your home country.
- Have a letter of referral from your GP for public healthcare.
- Travel to Spain and receive your healthcare in Hospital Clínica Benidorm.
We also recommend that you:
- Inform your GP of your intention to travel to HCB for treatment.
- Check the financial implications with your National Contact Point or insurer.
Additionally, our International Relations Department will help you with all the procedures, providing you with all the information you need to start the process in Ireland with your GP. If you meet the requirements and wish to know more about receiving your treatment at HCB, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will do our best to help you at every step of the way to ensure you receive the best medical healthcare in the shortest possible time, all in accordance with all the International Quality and Safety guarantees (you can read our Quality Policies and see the Quality certificates that have been obtained by the central services of Hospital Clínica Benidorm).
Hospital Clínica Benidorm is authorized to provide medical services within the European Cross Border Healthcare Directive as it is a private hospital that meets all quality standards and all the regulations of the Spanish Public Health Service.
Why HCB in Spain
The location of Hospital Clínica Benidorm in one of Spain’s main tourism destinations and our experience with overseas patients since 1986 has allowed us to develop a health-care model which is unique and totally adapted to international patients. The HCB model has services divided by nationalities and composed of medical, health and administrative staff and multilingual interpreters.
- Frequent air connections all year-round between Alicante and EU countries.
- Excellent free assistance service at Alicante airport for those who need it.
- Short transfer to our modern hospital in the center of Benidorm (about 40 minutes).
- English-speaking staff, dealing with international patients from all over Europe and beyond.
- Over 160 beds.
- Experienced, professional, friendly medical, nursing and support staff.
- World-class facilities, equipment and procedures.
- Rehabilitation program to get you back on your feet in no time.
- The perfect place to recuperate: sandy beaches, blue skies, sunshine, beautiful mountain valleys with vineyards, almond, olive and citrus groves, tapas and everywhere a friendly Spanish welcome.
El Servicio de Urología de Hospital Clínica Benidorm sigue la línea de “HCB Prevención” y pone en marcha un chequeo preventivo masculino durante todo el verano. El chequeo urológico completo tiene como objetivo ayudar a evaluar el estado de salud masculino; realizado por el especialista en Urología tiene precio cerrado y puede llevarse a cabo…