Urology is the medical specialty dealing with the study, diagnosis and treatment of illnesses of the urinary system and the male reproductive and retroperitoneal organs.
Urology includes various sub-specialties, also treated at Hospital Clínica Benidorm on a daily basis, among which are:
- Early detection of tumours.
- Urological tumour pathology: renal and retroperitoneal, bladders, urinary tract and the testicular and penile ducts.
- Benign prostate hyperplasia: diagnosis and treatment of obstructive disease in men:
- Urological surgery.
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Urogynaecology: diagnosis and treatment of genitourinary pathologies in women: urinary infections, urethral syndromes, prolapsed pelvic organs, urinary incontinence in women.
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation: perineal stimulation and pelvic rehabilitation techniques to correct incontinence.
- Andrology: diagnosis and treatment of infertility problems, erectile dysfunction, penile implants, penile curvature correction.
- Second opinions, in which case our professionals will analyse your tests and medical reports in detail. We will clear up any doubts you may have and will advise you on the most effective solution.
Dr. Jesús Betancourt