La otitis es una inflamación del oído, normalmente provocada por una infección. Según la zona del oído afectada, puede ser de un tipo u otro pero casi siempre comparten síntomas como el dolor intenso y la pérdida de audición. Aun así, cada tipo de otitis tiene su tratamiento, por eso es tan importante consultar con…
The Urology Service of Hospital Clínica Benidorm follows the line of “HCB Prevention” and launches a male preventive checkup throughout the summer. The complete urological check-up is intended to help assess male health status; made by the specialist in Urology has a closed price and can be carried out in one morning.
The checkup consists of the following tests, all performed and assessed by the specialist in Urology:
- UROLOGICAL ECOGRAPHY. It is a radiological test widely used by the urologist to approximate the diagnosis in patients with possible urological diseases, many of them indolent. With this tool, the male reproductive and urinary system (kidneys, upper urinary tract, bladder, prostate and testicles) are morphologically evaluated.
- PSA or prostate antigen. It is a protein produced exclusively by the prostate that can be raised in many diseases located in the prostate gland or in those situations where it is externally affected. Your elevation should be evaluated by a specialist in Urology.
- FLOWMETRY. It is a functional test that consists of measuring the power of the urinary flow. Depending on the result, it guides a situation of possible obstructive problems in the lower urinary tract.
- Evaluation of the specialist on the same day.
These tests are the tools with which the specialist can assess the general state of health of the patient and delve into possible diseases related to men that, after a review such as this, can be prevented or addressed early.
The urological check-up has a cost of 200 euros and to carry it out it is necessary to have an appointment and indicate your name: “Male Preventive Check-up”.
Urology at HCB
The Urology Service of Hospital Clínica Benidorm takes care of men’s health, taking care of the following areas of the medical specialty:
- Study and treatment of prostatic pathologies. (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia with Green Laser).
- Laparoscopic Oncology Surgery and Open Surgery.
- Consultation specialized in Erectile Dysfunction and Male Sexual Health.
- Attention to the patient with nephritic colic. Treatment of urinary stones (Holmium Laser).
- Uro-gynecology in collaboration with the HCB Urinary Incontinence Unit.
- Second opinion. Our specialists in Urology will analyze your medical reports and tests in detail, trying to solve your doubts and advising you with the most effective and personalized solution.
La piel tiene memoria y el contador se pone en marcha desde el nacimiento Marta García, Enfermera Pediátrica de la Unidad de Pediatría Especializada de Hospital Clínica Benidorm, explica con detalle cómo cuidar la piel de los más pequeños de la casa ante la exposición al Sol, sobre todo en verano. Para proporcionar buenos cuidados…