The Angiology and Vascular Surgery is a medical – surgical specialty which takes care of the diagnosis and the treatment of any part of the pathology of the circulatory system, excluding the heart and the vascular intracranial system.
To be exact, these are the areas of treatment of the Vascular Surgery in Hospital Clínica Benidorm:
- Vascular Access for Haemodialysis.
- Varicose Vein Surgery (CHIVA; Endoluminal occlusion with Radiofrequency and Laser; and sealed with “Venaseal”).
- Sclerotherapy of Variculas and telangiectasia.
- Diabetic foot.
- Extracranial Cerebrovascular Illness: Arterial and endovascular Surgery of the supra-aortic trunks.
- Open Arterial and Endovascular Surgery for Acute and Chronic Ischemia.
- Open and Endovascular Surgery of the occlusive pathology of the visceral branches of the aorta.
- Open and Endovascular Surgery of the Aneurismal Pathology of the thoracic Aorta and Abdomen and its branches.
- Non invasive Vascular Diagnosis.
- Angiology or vascular medicine.
Because of the extensive and complex behavior of the circulatory system, they often collaborate, coordinate and cooperate with the services of Internal Medicine, Cardiology (ICA), Neurology (HCB Stroke Center), Neuroradiology, ICU, Nephrology (Hemodialysis) and Interventionist Radiology, this way enforcing the concept of the multidisciplinary team that repeats itself in the principal reference units of Hospital Clínica Benidorm.
Dr. David Martínez Marín