The Podiatry Clinic Service at Hospital Clínica Benidorm is formed by various collaborating units and teams:
- Ortho-podiatry Unit
- Chiropody Unit
- Foot biomechanics unit
- Foot surgery unit
- Sports chiropody unit
- Diabetic foot unit
Branch of chiropody dealing with the study and treatment of the foot and the production of personalized orthopaedic material:
- Silicone interdigital prosthetics
- Corrective splints
A branch dealing with the treatment of all disorders of the foot related to the skin and nails:
- Hard Skin
- Papilloma or plantar verrucae
- Fungal infections
- Nail disorders
FOOT BIOMECHANICS UNIT
Study of the footprint and the walk using the most modern advances:
- Pressure platform
FOOT SURGERY UNIT
MIS Surgery (Minimal Invasive Surgery) is made up of various techniques which help to correct alterations and deformities of the foot by way of micro-incisions with local anaesthetic and as an out-patient:
- Toe deformities, claw, hammer and mallet toe, inter-toe exostoses (abnormal bone growth in the toes)
- Calcaneal spur
- Plantar Fasciitis
SPORTS PODIATRY UNIT
To treat elite sportspeople in order to achieve maximum sporting performance and so surpass their own records using plantar supports and functional bandages.
DIABETIC FOOT UNIT
Prevention and treatment of lower limb lesions, reducing the percentage of the appearance of foot complications. Treatment and cure of wounds using innovative Protocols.
The service comes closer to the patients in three different locations:
- The consultation of the Hospital Clínica Benidorm, where they also carry out the surgical interventions of our Foot Surgery Unit in the operating theatres of the hospital.
- The consultation of Dr. Luis Guerra in the new installations of Medical Physiotherapy, also located in Benidorm.
- The consultation of Dr. Luis Guerra in the HCB Calpe centre.
Rubén Lorca Gutiérrez
Luis Miguel Martí
Aitor Perez Morcillo