Hospital Clínica Benidorm offers its patients the possibility of diagnosis and treatment of illnesses of the respiratory tract, using the services of a pneumologist who works closely with a team of internists.
Hospital Clínica Benidorm offers their patients the treatment and diagnosis of illnesses related to the respiratory system with a pulmonologist who closely collaborates with the Internal Medicine team.
The Pulmonology Service of HCB attends to these different respiratory pathologies:
- Flu and the common cold
- Pulmonary Emphysema
- Bronchial Asthma
- Lung Cancer
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Thromboembolism
The Pulmonology Service of Hospital Clínica Benidorm emphasises explorations for the correct diagnosis of the principal respiratory illnesses:
- Eco bronchoscopy: Innovative minimally invasive intervention which has converted into an essential exploration for the study of the extension of lung cancer.
- Bronchoscopy: Technique which consists in the exploration of the airways for the diagnosis of infectious, tumorous and /or haemorrhagic processes in the lungs.
- Thoracocentesis: Procedure which consists in the realisation of a surgical puncture to extract liquid from the pleura.
- Biopsy: Procedure which consists in the extraction of a sample of tissue from any area of the body for analysis.
- Pleural drainage: Procedure which consists in the insertion of a catheter in the pleural cavity to extract liquid or air from the pleura.
- Thoracic Ultrasound: None invasive technique, considered very useful in the diagnosis and the treatment of respiratory illnesses.
- Additionally, the Pulmonology Service has the possibility to carry out Sleep studies (Diagnostic and Certified Polysomnography) thanks to the Neurophysiology Service of the Hospital Clínica Benidorm and their Unit of Diagnosis of Sleep Disorders (for the management of Sleep Apnoea).
Dr. David Orts Giménez