The Pain Control Unit of Hospital Clínica Benidorm demonstrates how to manage pain symptoms to the patients with chronic pain and try to palliate it in the best way possible in order to help them to improve their quality of life.
The Pain Control Unit of Hospital Clínica Benidorm, formed by a specialist in Anaesthesia and Algology (pain specialist), work in collaboration with the Department of Rehabilitative Medicine and Physiotherapy, pharmacy and the support of the Specialist Psychology services of Gabinete Espiral, collaborative centre of HCB. They also collaborate with the services of Traumatology, Neurosurgery and the Institute for the Integral Treatment of Cancer HCB (ITIC).
The pain specialist collaborates with these other specialists to determine the origin of the pain and establish the adequate treatment which, depending on the origin and nature, will be with medication and/or with invasive techniques.
- Pharmaceutical treatments
- Invasive treatments
- Infiltration with local anaesthetic or Botox for the treatment of Myofascial Syndrome
- Radiofrequency in the treatment of neuropathic pains
- Ultra sound guided nerve block
- Fitting of devices for the continuous perfusion of pharmaceuticals
Dr. Juan José Lozano