The General Surgery and Digestive System team of Hospital Clínica Benidorm boast ample experience and activity in Major Outpatient Surgeries and perform in modern operating theatres equipped with the Avant guard of the latest technologies. Additionally, the service collaborates with the best specialist surgeons of the Valencian Community. Our surgeons perform:
- General Surgery: Medical Surgical treatments which approach benign lesions of the soft tissues such as lipomas, epidermis cysts and the digestive system.
- Digestive Surgery: Encompasses all medical surgical treatments of benign and malignant pathologies of the digestive system, from the oesophagus to the anus. They are divided as so:
- Surgery of the abdominal wall: Medical surgical treatments of hernias and eventrations.
- Colorectal Surgery: Approaches colon and rectal surgeries of benign and malignant pathologies. For example: colon cancer, diverticulitis, haemorrhoids and fissures.
- Esophagogastric Surgery: Medical Surgical treatments in the oesophagus and the stomach. For example: achalasia, hiatus hernia, gastric or stomach cancer.
- Hepatobiliopancreatic Surgery: Medical Surgical treatments of the liver, pancreas, and bile ducts. For example: Cholecystectomy, hepatic and pancreatic neoplasms.
- Endocrine Surgery: Medical Surgical treatments such as surgery of the suprarenal gland and thyroidectomy.
- Breast pathology
The Medical Surgical treatments of the General and Digestive Surgery Unit can approach open or traditional surgery through incisions in the treating area or with laparoscopic surgery; minimally invasive techniques which use various very small incisions to approach the treating areas with the aid of a camera which guides the procedure giving greater precision. The minimally invasive approach of a laparoscopic surgery allows the recuperation to be quicker and with less complications.
Dr. Martin Johan Rongen
Dr. Manuel Diego Estevez
Dr. Irving Rosenberg Wittels
Dr. Antonio Alberola
Dr. César Recalde