The laboratory is made up of 3 departments: Clinical Biochemistry, Haematology and Microbiology, run by specialist doctors and medical laboratory technicians (MLTs). Its boasts the most advanced diagnostic equipment connected online with the computer network.
Internal quality control checks are carried out every day and the staff participate in the external quality control programmes of the Spanish Clinical Chemistry Society (SEQC), the Spanish Society of Pharmaceutical Analysts (AEFA) and the Spanish Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology Society (SEIMC). It meets the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard.
- General blood and urine biochemistry.
- Special blood and urine biochemistry.
- Biochemistry of biological fluids (Pleural, synovial, peritoneal, cephalorachidian).
- Spermiogrammes and post-vasectomy controls.
- Identification of specific proteins.
- Drug monitoring.
- Microscopic study of urinal sediments and biological fluids.
- Counting of all blood populations.
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate measurement.
- Coagulation tests
- Blood typing.
- Bacterial cultures of clinical samples and determination of sensitivity.
- Parasite detection.
- Mycological cultures and antifungal susceptibility tests.
- Mycobacteria: Direct examination and culture.
- Detection of antigens using rapid techniques (Streptococcus pneumoniae, Legionella pneumophila, Chlamydia trachomatis, Helicobacter pylori, Rotavirus, Flu virus….).
- Serology of infectious diseases.
Laboratorio Análisis Clínico
Dra. Ana Isabel Ruiz Rabaza
Dra. Josefa Serralta Buades